Today I'm participating in Top Ten Tuesday, sponsored by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is top ten favorite kick ass heroines.
Here are my ten:
- Tris Prior (Divergent) Tris is someone who really transforms over the course of her story, and I love that. She's brave and she pushes herself.
- Hermoine Granger (Harry Potter) Hermoine is one of the best female characters out there. She's smart, loyal, and incredibly brave, and she always does the right thing.
- Professor McGonagall (Harry Potter) McGonagall is firm but fair. She adores her students and would do anything for them. She is fiercely loyal to her friends.
- Katniss Everdeen (The Hunger Games) I mean seriously.
- Rose Hathaway (Vampire Academy) Love her, love the not altogether appropriate relationship she has with Dimitri, love how this girl will do and risk anything to help the people she loves.
- Daenerys Targaryen (A Song of Ice and Fire) Daenerys has a haunted family history, an overbearing, vicious creep of a brother, an arranged marriage to a warrior, and a war to wage... and she handles it all with strength of character and grace. By far my favorite character in this series...
- Arya Stark (A Song of Ice and Fire) ...But Arya is fantastic too! She's young but she is fierce as hell and unafraid to challenge anything and everything.
- Lyra Belacqua (His Dark Materials) I would love her if only for the fact that she has a daemon, but she's got plenty of other great qualities too.
- Scarlett O'Hara (Gone With the Wind) Until Hermoine Granger came around, I would have called Scarlett my #1 favorite female character. I'm still lobbying hard for a future daughter named Scarlett.
- Melanie Wilkes (Gone With the Wind) All of Scarlett's strength and then some. Melanie always puts everyone else first and she steadfastly refuses to believe the worst of anyone.
Who am I missing?