This week's Top Ten Tuesday was a hard topic for me because how do you objectively define "underrated"? So in the end, my list is entirely subjective, and made up of books that I think deserve way more attention than whatever they have received to date.
Also, I chose 7 books instead of 10, because 7 was tough enough! And also because I wanted to make a pretty collage out of the covers, and 7 books fit perfectly. :)
- Fire & Flood by Victoria Scott - This book was so amazing that I feel like it is not physically possible for me to wait several more months to read the next installment in the series.
- Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas - I have no idea why this isn't flooding the blogosphere. I was blown away by this one, and there really is a lack of good suspense in YA literature. This one fills that void nicely.
- Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin - This book made me feel ALL THE FEELS. I foolishly read it on a plane, so I was the girl quietly sobbing in her seat on a flight to Disney World. Awkward.
- Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma - any book that makes me root for an incestuous relationship gets a big kudos from me.
- The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black - It is unacceptable to me that every book-reading human is not in love with this book.
- Unwind by Neal Shusterman - See above.
- On the Island by Tracey Garvis-Graves - This is another book that finds a way to make a taboo relationship (teacher/student) seem not only acceptable, but right. Bonus: tropical island setting!
Can't wait to see everyone else's lists!
Did anyone else way overanalyze the "underrated"
part of this week's prompt?!