The topic for this week's Top Ten Tuesday (hosted by The Broke and the Bookish) is top ten authors I've only read one book from but NEED to read more!
- Beth Revis - I actually own all three Across the Universe books, but I've only read the first one (which I loved). I really NEED to go back and re-read Across the Universe so I can read the next two books!
- Holly Black - I have a rabid love for The Coldest Girl in Coldtown, plus every short story I've read by Holly Black, so I really have no explanation for why I haven't gotten to any of her other books yet.
- Julie Kagawa - I read and really liked The Immortal Rules, but I haven't continued on with the series yet. I just picked up The Eternity Cure, but I think I need to re-read The Immortal Rules before I can move on with the series.
- Abigail Haas - Dangerous Girls was amazing, and I NEED to read Dangerous Boys ASAP!
- Amy Plum - I recently read and loved Die for Me, and I ran right out and bought Until I Die and If I Should Die AND I also bought the novella for my Kindle... but have I actually read any of them yet? No. (I'm starting to see a pattern here... what the heck is wrong with me?!)
- Leah Cypress - I haven't actually read any books by Leah Cypress yet, but I read Buried Above Ground (a Nightspell novella) and I liked it so much that I jumped right on Amazon and ordered Mistwood and Nightspell... which are currently sitting on my bookshelf waiting for me to make time for them.
- Ally Condie - I'm sure you can guess by now that I read Matched when it first came out, quickly bought Crossed and Reached, and still haven't actually gotten around to reading them.
- Patrick Ness - The first Chaos Walking book slaughtered me, so even though I have the second book I haven't been able to talk myself into reading it. I did recently buy A Monster Calls, so I might try that one instead.
- Kate Karyus Quinn - I loved Another Little Piece, so I'm dying to read (Don't You) Forget About Me.
- Lynne Matson - I liked Nil but when I read it, I thought it was a standalone and based on that assumption, there were things about it that bugged me (mostly unanswered questions about the world). Now that I know there is a sequel my rating for the first one has gone up and I'm dying to get more answers from book two!
This list was definitely an eye-opener for me! It's embarrassing to realize how many great series I have let fall by the wayside. I guess I keep letting myself get distracted by all the shiny new books on my wish list. The annoying thing is that with most of these, so much time has gone by that I need to re-read the first book in the series before I can continue on. I feel like I need to start working some of these in soon!
Am I the only one with a dozen or more series to catch up on?!