This week's Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, is "Top Ten Books that Will Make You Cry". This is a tough one, because I can't really share my reasoning for each choice without giving away major spoilers!
- The Knife of Never Letting Go, by Patrick Ness
- If I Stay, by Gayle Forman
- Handle With Care, by Jodi Picoult
- A Game of Thrones, A Clash of Kings, A Storm of Swords, A Feast For Crows, all by George R. R. Martin, who gleefully kills off everyone you love
- Eating Animals, by Jonathan Safran Foer. I own this book, but I have only ever made it through the first 30 pages, because I read all 30 pages with tears streaming freely down my face and spent the next several weeks trying desperately to wipe the book's graphic images from my mind. If you read this book, you will ugly cry through it. That's a given. But you will definitely learn a lot about the terrible realities behind the food you eat.
- Mockingjay, by Suzanne Collins, for so many reasons
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling, who is probably bff with George R. R. Martin
- Before I Fall, by Lauren Oliver
- Gone With the Wind, by Margaret Mitchell
- The Pact, by Jodi Picoult
I feel like I could go on and on with this topic! What made your list?