Everyone wants to go to Hogwarts, right? Well, here are ten books that I *wouldn't* want to step into any time soon!
(10 proved to be impossible! I had to cheat and lump some books into categories!)
1. Any book in which my survival depends upon killing other people.
2. End of the world/disaster scenarios - earthquakes, meteors, EMPs... anything that ends with me fighting someone for the last jar of pickled herring. Or living without heat and electricity. Or going days without bathing. I'm no survivor, is what I'm saying.
3. Books in which there are vampires - not Twilight vampires, but terrifying vampires who want to kill me.
4. Books in which I am not able to love who I want to love - or worse, am forced to be with someone I don't love.
5. Any book in which there are zombies! Love to read about them, have no desire to live in a world in which I might encounter one. Plus I'd be among the first to die, because I could never leave my pets to die and it would be pretty hard to be on the run with a dog and four cats.
6. The Unwind series. Particularly if I was under 18!
7. The Across the Universe series. I struggle to think of a more horrifying scenario than waking up on a spaceship surrounded by strangers, knowing that everyone I've ever cared about is long gone.
8. The Uglies series. These books seriously freaked me out and I really can't imagine living in this world. I barely managed to get through having my wisdom teeth removed!
9. The Host. Aliens crawling in my ear to take over my body?! No thank you.
10. Stolen. I struggled so much with my feelings just reading Stolen, so I can only imagine actually living through an experience like that.
What books/settings do *you* want to stay far, far away from?
All images are taken from GoodReads.